Verenso endeavours to guard the interests of our members and to profile the elderly care medicine. We try to reinforce the position of the elderly care physician in nursing homes, in the mental health care and primary care, by making appointments with different parties and by giving practical assistance.
Verenso’s support in short:
- Verenso uses its expertise in the field of guarding interests and influencing policy, e.g. by emphasizing the importance of the elderly care physician to relevant target groups, by influencing rules and regulation (political lobbying and media influencing) and by building bridges between other functions within health care and nursing homes.
- Verenso develops support and free guidelines of medical conduct for members.
- Verenso informs its members about current developments in a weekly digital newsletter ‘Verenso News’.
- Verenso provides professional support in its free ‘Elderly Care Magazine’ for members.
- Verenso organizes a yearly spring and autumn symposium to promote expertise, networking and profiling.
- Verenso’s (legal) helpdesk offers free personal support.
To make members’ support easy accessible, Verenso developed a members only website.