1. Orr PH, Peeling RW, Fast M, Brunka J, Duckworth H, Harding GK, et al. Serological study of responses to selected pathogens causing respiratory tract infection in the institutionalized elderly. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. 1996;23(6):1240-5.
2. Wojkowska-Mach J, Gryglewska B, Romaniszyn D, Natkaniec J, Pobiega M, Adamski P, et al. Age and other risk factors of pneumonia among residents of Polish long-term care facilities. International journal of infectious diseases : IJID : official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. 2013;17(1):e37-43.
3. Capelastegui A, Espana PP, Bilbao A, Gamazo J, Medel F, Salgado J, et al. Etiology of community-acquired pneumonia in a population-based study: link between etiology and patients characteristics, process-of-care, clinical evolution and outcomes. BMC infectious diseases. 2012;12:134.
4. Gutierrez F, Masia M, Mirete C, Soldan B, Rodriguez JC, Padilla S, et al. The influence of age and gender on the population-based incidence of community-acquired pneumonia caused by different microbial pathogens. The Journal of infection. 2006;53(3):166-74.
5. Palmu AA, Saukkoriipi A, Snellman M, Jokinen J, Torkko P, Ziegler T, et al. Incidence and etiology of community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly in a prospective population-based study. Scandinavian journal of infectious diseases. 2014;46(4):250-9.
6. Vila-Corcoles A, Ochoa-Gondar O, Rodriguez-Blanco T, Raga-Luria X, Gomez-Bertomeu F. Epidemiology of community-acquired pneumonia in older adults: a population-based study. Respiratory medicine. 2009;103(2):309-16.
7. Sanguinetti CM, De BF, Miragliotta G. Bacterial agents of lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs), beta-lactamase production, and resistance to antibiotics in elderly people. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. 2000;16(4):467-71.
8. Ayaz SI, Haque N, Pearson C, Medado P, Robinson D, Wahl R, et al. Nursing home-acquired pneumonia: course and management in the emergency department. International journal of emergency medicine. 2014;7:19.
9. Carr B, Walsh JB, Coakley D, Mulvihill E, Keane C. Prospective hospital study of community acquired lower respiratory tract infection in the elderly. Respiratory medicine. 1991;85(3):185-7.
10. Cilloniz C, Polverino E, Ewig S, Aliberti S, Gabarrus A, Menendez R, et al. Impact of age and comorbidity on cause and outcome in community-acquired pneumonia. Chest. 2013;144(3):999-1007.
11. Chow C, Lee-Pack L, Senathiragah N, Rawji M, Chan M, Chan C. Community acquired, nursing home acquired and hospital acquired pneumonia: A five-year review of the clinical, bacteriological and radiological characteristics. The Canadian journal of infectious diseases = Journal canadien des maladies infectieuses. 1995;6(6):317-24.
12. Ewig S, Klapdor B, Pletz MW, Rohde G, Schutte H, Schaberg T, et al. Nursing-home-acquired pneumonia in Germany: an 8-year prospective multicentre study. Thorax. 2012;67(2):132-8.
13. Fernandez-Sabe N, Carratala J, Roson B, Dorca J, Verdaguer R, Manresa F, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in very elderly patients: causative organisms, clinical characteristics, and outcomes. Medicine. 2003;82(3):159-69.
14. Garcia-Ordonez MA, Garcia-Jimenez JM, Paez F, Alvarez F, Poyato B, Franquelo M, et al. Clinical aspects and prognostic factors in elderly patients hospitalised for community-acquired pneumonia. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. 2001;20(1):14-9.
15. Garcia-Vidal C, Viasus D, Roset A, Adamuz J, Verdaguer R, Dorca J, et al. Low incidence of multidrug-resistant organisms in patients with healthcare-associated pneumonia requiring hospitalization. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. 2011;17(11):1659-65.
16. Ingarfield SL, Celenza A, Jacobs IG, Riley TV. The bacteriology of pneumonia diagnosed in Western Australian emergency departments. Epidemiology and Infection. 2007;135(8):1376-83.
17. Janssens JP, Gauthey L, Herrmann F, Tkatch L, Michel JP. Community-acquired pneumonia in older patients. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 1996;44(5):539-44.
18. Kothe H, Bauer T, Marre R, Suttorp N, Welte T, Dalhoff K. Outcome of community-acquired pneumonia: influence of age, residence status and antimicrobial treatment. The European respiratory journal. 2008;32(1):139-46.
19. Lim WS, Macfarlane JT. A prospective comparison of nursing home acquired pneumonia with community acquired pneumonia. The European respiratory journal. 2001;18(2):362-8.
20. Polverino E, Dambrava P, Cilloniz C, Balasso V, Marcos MA, Esquinas C, et al. Nursing home-acquired pneumonia: a 10 year single-centre experience. Thorax. 2010;65(4):354-9.
21. Riquelme R, Torres A, el-Ebiary M, Puig dlB, Estruch R, Mensa J, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly: A multivariate analysis of risk and prognostic factors. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 1996;154(5):1450-5.
22. Sahuquillo-Arce JM, Menendez R, Mendez R, Amara-Elori I, Zalacain R, Capelastegui A, et al. Age-related risk factors for bacterial aetiology in community-acquired pneumonia. Respirology (Carlton, Vic). 2016;21(8):1472-9.
23. van Vught LA, Endeman H, Meijvis SC, Zwinderman AH, Scicluna BP, Biesma DH, et al. The effect of age on the systemic inflammatory response in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. 2014;20(11):1183-8.
24. Zalacain R, Torres A, Celis R, Blanquer J, Aspa J, Esteban L, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly: Spanish multicentre study. The European respiratory journal. 2003;21(2):294-302.
25. Garcia-Ordonez MA, Garcia-Jimenez JM, Paez F, Alvarez F, Poyato B, Franquelo M, et al. Clinical aspects and prognostic factors in elderly patients hospitalised for community-acquired pneumonia. European journal of clinical microbiology & infectious diseases : official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology. 2001;20(1):14-9.
26. Ingarfield SL, Celenza A, Jacobs IG, Riley TV. The bacteriology of pneumonia diagnosed in Western Australian emergency departments. Epidemiology and infection. 2007;135(8):1376-83.
27. Riquelme R, Torres A, El-Ebiary M, de la Bellacasa JP, Estruch R, Mensa J, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly: A multivariate analysis of risk and prognostic factors. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 1996;154(5):1450-5.
28. Postma DF, van Werkhoven CH, van Elden LJ, Thijsen SF, Hoepelman AI, Kluytmans JA, et al. Antibiotic treatment strategies for community-acquired pneumonia in adults. The New England journal of medicine. 2015;372(14):1312-23.
29. Almirall J, Rofes L, Serra-Prat M, Icart R, Palomera E, Arreola V, et al. Oropharyngeal dysphagia is a risk factor for community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly. The European respiratory journal. 2013;41(4):923-8.
30. El-Solh AA, Niederman MS, Drinka P. Nursing home-acquired pneumonia: a review of risk factors and therapeutic approaches. Current medical research and opinion. 2010;26(12):2707-14.
31. Fung HB, Monteagudo-Chu MO. Community-acquired pneumonia in the elderly. The American journal of geriatric pharmacotherapy. 2010;8(1):47-62.
32. Iinuma T, Arai Y, Abe Y, Takayama M, Fukumoto M, Fukui Y, et al. Denture wearing during sleep doubles the risk of pneumonia in the very elderly. Journal of dental research. 2015;94(3 Suppl):28s-36s.
33. SWAB. NethMap 2016: Consumption of antimicrobial agents and antimicrobial resistance among medically important bacteria in the Netherlands / MARAN 2016: Monitoring of antimicrobial resistance and antibiotic usage in animals in the Netherlands in 2015. 2016.
34. SWAB. NethMap 2017: Consumption of antimicrobial agents and antimicrobial resistance among medically important bacteria in the Netherlands / MARAN 2017: Monitoring of antimicrobial resistance and antibiotic usage in animals in the Netherlands in 2016. 2017.
35. NHG. NHG-standaard Acuut Hoesten M78. 2011.
36. Wiersinga WJ, Bonten MJ, Boersma WG, Jonkers RE, Aleva RM, Kullberg BJ, et al. Management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults: 2016 guideline update from the Dutch Working Party on Antibiotic Policy (SWAB) and Dutch Association of Chest Physicians (NVALT). The Netherlands journal of medicine. 2018;76(1):4-13.